Quiz 1 - General - 50 Questions - Medium Difficulty
What did Dora Bryan want for Christmas in 1963?
2. In 1966 who were they 'coming to take me away, ha-haa' ?
3. How was the Belgian Soeur Sourire known in the UK?
4. What was The Shadows' first No1 hit?
5. Where and at what time was Kenny Ball in the charts in 1961?
6. Who advised us to 'Walk, Don't Run'?
7. Which famous guitarist's real name is Brian Robson Rankin?
8. Who was the band leader of Manuel and his Music of the Mountains?
9. What was The Beatles' first top ten single?
10. In 1966 Frank Sinatra had a No1 hit in 13 countries with what song?
11. What did Anthony Newley ask from the No1 spot in 1960?
12. Who was the oldest person to have a No1 hit?
13. How many consecutive No1 hits did The Beatles have between 1963
14. Adam Faith had two No1 hits. 'What Do You Want?' and which other
15. Which DJ had a hit with 'Miss You' in 1963?
16. Who was The Rolling Stones' manager in the Sixties?
17. Which Small Faces hit was co-written by Kenny Lynch?
18. What did Brian Epstein manage before The Beatles?
19. Which Sixties 'happening' gave Matthews Southern Comfort a hit record?
20. The Overlanders took which Beatles song to the No1 spot?
21. In 1960, who did Ricky Valance want us to tell that he loved her?
22. Who had a 1968 hit with 'Judy In Disguise ( With Glasses)'?
23. Which Coronation Street and Crossroads star sang 'Where Will You
Be?' in 1968?
24. Where was Helen Shapiro 'Walking' in 1961?
25. Who encouraged us to 'Shout' in 1964?
26. What was Millie's boy called?
27. How were the girls in The Ronettes related?
28. What, according to the Paper Dolls, 'keeps a-telling me no'?
29. What did Mark Wynter's 'Venus' wear?
30. Started in 1961, what was Frank Sinatra's own record label called?
31. Who had a disagreement over 'Bangers and Mash' in 1961?
32. Where did we first hear a didgeridoo in the charts?
33. Which highly successful instrumentalist had his first hit with 'Lonely
34. Which 'March' took Joe Loss into the charts in 1964?
35. Who, in 1966, were 'Dedicated Follower(s) of Fashion'?
36. Where did Petula Clark ask us to accompany her to, 'where all the
lights are bright'?
37. Who rejected the chance to record 'Baby Love', which became a hit
for The Supremes?
38. Who had a 'Sweet Talkin' Guy'?
39. Whose song were The Rolling Stones named after?
40. Which No1 Rolling Stones hit was the first to be written by Jagger
41. Who wrote The Monkees' hit 'I'm A Believer'?
42. Which solo instrument did John Lennon play on 'Love Me Do'?
43. There is a house in New Orleans called what by The Animals?
44. The theme from which film was taken to the top of the charts by
45. Which song was a No1 hit for Frank Sinatra, recorded with his eldest
46. Who wrote 'I'll Never Find Another You' and 'Georgy Girl' for The
47. Where was The Beatles' last live performance?
48. Who were feeling 'Good Vibrations' in 1966?
49. Gene Pitney was how long from where?
50. Which girl group were named after a football pools company?
2 - General - 50 questions - Fairly Hard
What 'year' was a hit for Zager and Evans?
2. Who was the lead singer with Amen Corner?
3. Which trio had 12 US No1 hits but only 1 in the UK?
4. Which camp provided Allan Sherman with a hit?
5. What hit prompted the reply song 'Tell Tommy I Miss Him' by Marilyn
6. Which Shadow did Brian Bennett replace on drums in 1961?
7. Who complained about 'Summer In The City'?
8. Which Beatles song was their first US No 1?
9. What was the hit theme to Juke Box Jury?
10. Which member of The Beatles inspired their 'mop top' hairstyles?
11. Who had a lovely daughter, according to Herman's Hermits?
12. Where might you come across Horst Jankowski taking a walk?
13. Which group had a girl drummer called Honey Lantree?
14. What cool drink was a hit for Peter Sarstedt?
15. Who were The Kinks seeking here and there in 1965?
16. Who was having Someone Else's Baby in 1960?
17. Who invented medicinal compound?
18. The Mojos, The Undertakers and The Swingin' Blue Jeans: all from
19. Crosby Stills and Nash formed in 1969 - from which groups did they
20. Who were John Stokes, and Dec and Con Clusky better known as?
21. A version of Chuck Berry's 'Come On' was the first single for which
22. Which Mod group were all under 5'6" tall?
23. Which two British male singers were managed by Gordon Mills?
24. What were The Young Rascals doing on a Sunday afternoon?
25. What is step 3 in 'Three Steps To Heaven'?
26. What was The Bachelors' only No 1 hit?
27. Three Sixties chart hits started with Z: Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zorba's
Dance.... and what?
28. 'Never On Sunday' was a hit for how many different artists?
29. Which girl can't Scott Walker forget?
30. Shirley Owens was the lead singer of which all-girl group?
31. Who was 'Gonna Be Strong' in 1964?
32. Who thought 'Fings Ain't Wot They Used To Be' in 1960?
33. Who was the object of desire in The Crystals' Da Doo Ron Ron?
34. Who prophetically observed 'people like their blues singers dead'?
35. Other than The Beatles, who also recorded a version of 'A Hard Day's
36. According to Manfred Mann, what ain't you seen nothing like?
37. What Lordly title did Gene Chandler lay claim to?
38. Which Beatle sang lead vocals on 'Help'?
39. What record label did Cliff Richard record on?
40. Where did The Small Faces get high?
41. What was Fleetwood Mac's only No 1?
42. Which Gerry and The Pacemakers hit came from the musical 'Carousel'?
43. Alan Price 'may step out in style with a sassy smile and a....'
44. What was The Shadows first hit without Cliff Richard?
45. Danny Williams and Andy Williams both had a No 1 hit with which
46. What was The Beatles' biggest-selling Sixties single?
47. Who was the first artist to have 3 consecutive number ones in the
British Sixties carts?
48. What group, other than The Beatles, also failed an EMI audition
but went on to score 15 top ten hits?
49. Who was the lead singer for The Dave Clark Five?
50. Who was the only British girl singer to have three Sixties number
The next 3 quizzes feature Backing
Groups - 25 Questions each
All the following were, at some time, billed
as something like 'Rolf and The Wombats'
Here are 'The Wombats' , many of whom also had hits in their own right.
Who was 'Rolf' in each case?
4. Mighty Avons
5. Detroit Wheels
8. First Edition
9. Playboy Band
16. Music Of The Mountains
22. Blue Jeans
23. All Stars
24. Magic Band
1. Rebel Rousers
2. Famous Flames
7. Blue Flames
14. Jumping Jacks
17. Big Roll Band
18. Paramount Jazz Band
19. Union Gap
3. City Gents
5. Big Sound
11. Greek Serenaders
15. New Orleans Jazzmen
19. Ram Jam Band
21. Family Stone
22. Storyville Jazz Band
23. Tijuana Brass
Web Hosting by
Velnet web hosting
UK | Search Engine Optimisation
& Submission by Submit
Web Address Domain Names from
Web Hosting Shop